In this article, we will be discussing how to pick a lock with a bobby pin. This is an essential skill for anyone who wants to be prepared for any possible emergency situation. You can also use this method to unlock a door without a key. We will go over the basics of how locks work, and then we will give you a step-by-step guide on how to pick a lock using a bobby pin.
Let us start!
1. Step Number One: Prepare Your Kit
In order to pick a lock, you will need a few tools. The most important tool is the bobby pin. You will also need a tension wrench, which is a small L-shaped piece of metal. This tool is used to apply torque to the lock. You can find these tools at any hardware store.
Another Interesting Read: How To Make Money On Onlyfans Without Showing Your Face
The next step is to find a lock to practice on. Once you have this, begin with the next step.
2. Place The Lever In The Bottom Part of The Lever & Move
Now that you have your tools, it is time to start picking the lock. Place the bobby pin in the bottom part of the keyway and apply light pressure. Then, use the tension wrench to apply torque to the lock. While doing this, move the bobby pin up and down. This can be a great tip for unlocking a locker safely as well.
You should feel the pins moving inside the lock. Continue doing this until you feel the lock click open.
3. Insert The Pick With a Bend End
If you are having trouble picking the lock, you can try using a pick. Insert the pick into the keyway with the bent end up. Apply pressure to the pins with the tension wrench while moving the pick up and down. This should help move the pins into place and open the lock.
4. Find The Jammed Pin & Push It Up
If the lock does not open after trying the previous steps, you may have a jammed pin. This is caused by one of the pins getting stuck in the lock. Find this pin and push it up with the bobby pin.
Once you have done this, try Step Number Two again. You should be able to open the lock using this method.
Things You Need To Follow The Steps Completely
Let us learn about the things you need to take the steps and complete it in a better way.
1. Bobby Pin
It is the primary need and it can be easily found in every household.
The size of the bobby pin might vary, but make sure that it covers the entire keyhole so that you can move it up and down for rotating pins. A tension wrench is an optional tool that will help in turning the lock’s cylinder smoothly.
If you are a beginner, then it is better to use pliers for holding the tension wrench as it will be difficult for you to hold it with your fingers.
But if you have some practice, then you can do without them too.
You need to insert the bobby pin at a 45-degree angle in the bottom part of the keyhole and then use the tension wrench to turn it. While doing this, move the bobby pin up and down. The lock will start rotating once you find the right combination.
3. Wire Cutters
If you are still not able to open the lock, then you can use wire cutters. But make sure that you do not damage the lock as it will be of no use.
Cut a small part of the wire and insert it in the keyhole along with the bobby pin. Now, try to rotate the pins with the help of the wire cutters.
Wearing gloves is optional, but it is better to wear them as it will prevent your fingers from slipping while trying to open the lock.
Tips Before You Pick A Lock With a Bobby Pin
Now that you know how to pick a lock with a bobby pin, here are some tips to help you out.
– Make sure the tension wrench is at a 90-degree angle to the lock. If it is not in this position, the pins will not move correctly and you will not be able to open the lock.
– Apply light pressure to the pins with the bobby pin. If you apply too much pressure, you will damage the lock.
– Move the bobby pin up and down while applying torque to the lock with the tension wrench. You should feel the pins moving inside of the lock.
– If you are having difficulty opening the lock, try using a pick. Insert the pick into the keyway with the bent end up. Apply pressure to the pins with the tension wrench while moving the pick up and down. This should help move the pins into place and open the lock.
– If the lock does not open after trying the previous steps, you may have a jammed pin. This is caused by one of the pins getting stuck in the lock. Find this pin and push it up with the bobby pin.
Warnings Before We Start Picking a Loan With a Bobby Pin
Before you start picking a lock with a bobby pin, there are some warnings that you need to be aware of.
– Do not try to pick a lock that is attached to something valuable such as your car or house. You could damage the lock or worse, steal the item that the lock is protecting.
– Make sure you understand how to pick a lock before you try it on a real one. Practice on a spare key or an old lock that you do not use anymore.
– Do not use this method to break into someone’s home or property. This is illegal and you could be arrested if caught.
Now that you know how to pick a lock with a bobby pin, you can open any lock that is giving you trouble. Just make sure you practice first so that you are familiar with the steps involved.
Be careful and use common sense when trying this method – it is not meant for illegal activity!
You Might Also Like: