Coretex offers comprehensive,fully integrated ELD logging and tracking functionalities for small, medium, and large fleets. Not only do you get full compliance with the ELD mandate, but its added features give you a distinct edge over your competitors.
Coretex gives you the power to streamline driver performance, delivery times, fuel consumption, and distance logging to help you reduce costs.
If you’re interested in getting this competitive advantage offered by Coretex, here is how to get started. You can also get a free demo on the Coretex website here.
What You Get in The Coretex Package
The Coretex ELD package consists of an onboard computer system that combines all the functions offered by Coretex. It consists of the following components:
- The ELD module, which is usually a TMU1500 or other similar devices.
- Diagnostic cables for connection.
- Driver-supplied mobile device with a working data plan
- Installed Coretex Drive app on the mobile device
- Coretex 360 web application for dispatch and fleet managers
Installing the Coretex ELD Solution
You should know that it is not very easy to install the Coretex ELD system. It can be a bit technical, and support is not very helpful with DIY installers.
We recommend having your Coretex ELD system installed professionally by an expert. It requires proper positioning and cable connections. If that is not an option for you, here is how to proceed with the installation.
- The package comes with diagnostic cables that you can adapt to the particular ECM port on your vehicle. Check which one you have under your steering wheel, on the underside of your dashboard, or hidden somewhere inside a panel.
- Connect the leading end of the cable to the JPort (6 or 9 pins), and route the cable along with your dashboard. Do your best to hide it along the way.
- Clean up a patch of your front dashboard with a damp paper towel.
- Attach the cable to the module.
- Fix the module onto the dashboard using the sticky patches on its bottom.
- Turn on your ignition and check that it is on by the LED indicators.
- Turn Bluetooth on and launch the Coretex Drive app on your mobile device.
- Pair the two devices and wait for a confirmation message.
- Log in to the app using the credentials supplied by your fleet office.
If your vehicle’s port is incompatible with the cable supplied with the package:
- Purchase a Y-cable online from a parts store near you.
- Unscrew the panel cover over the ECM port.
- Unscrew the square cover on the port connector.
- Fix the longer end of the Y-cable to the existing port.
- Fix the JPort to the module cable.
- Fasten the port on the remaining arm back using the square fastener.
- Replace the panel cover and screw it back in.
Once you’re logged in the app, you are ready to get reports, set alerts, conduct a vehicle inspection, and more.
Unlike other ELD devices, the Coretex system is more sensitive to loose connections, poor compatibility, and other issues. If you encounter any of these, contact Coretex support here.
Article submitted by Justin Grau – CMO for BestELDDevices.com.