TrackSmart has over 25 years’ worth of data logging expertise, which makes its ELD solution one of the more practical options on the market. It was initially started to help record employee attendance records.
Thus, the company makes a highly affordable yet functional and simple ELD system. It imitates the traditional paper log system to make it even easier for drivers all over the country to use.
TrackSmart ELD System Components
Unlike other complicated systems, TrackSmart ELD focuses on the primary goal of remaining DOT-compliant and supplying you with the data necessary to supercharge your business. It works by drawing data from the vehicle’s diagnostic port and interprets it for you through a smartphone or tablet application.
As such, it consists of the following:
- TrackSmart ELD module.
- Mobile device supplied by the owner
- Diagnostic cable for a 9-pin port
To get the system in place, you first need to order the ELD from the company and have it delivered to your location. Here is how to do that.
Get Started With TrackSmart ELD
TrackSmart mainly deals with through-the-door customers. That means that for the best service, you need to visit the physical shop located in Brampton, Canada. The company will install the TrackSmart ELD system for you free of charge, train you on how to use it, and get you started with the software package.
However, the service is also available for remote customers. One unique thing about TrackSmart is that it also deals with some third-party vendors. Thus, you can choose to get the organic ELD by the company or an approved system by a different manufacturer.
If you are interested in TrackSmart’s range of ELD solutions, here is the process.
- Visit the TrackSmart website here for a full listing of the ELD packages available. You will also get information on pricing and monthly charges.
- You can select the package you want for a demo, or contact company representatives using this email: [email protected]
- The ELD device will be delivered to your address within a few working days.
- In the meantime, use your smartphone or tablet to download the free TrackSmart app from Google Play Store. This is the software that integrates with the ELD device through Bluetooth to provide the electronic log records and data required for compliance.
When the device arrives, you just need to install it on your vehicle’s diagnostic port. Here is how to do that:
- The ELD module is designed to fit into a 9-pin JPort. It is usually found on your vehicle’s dashboard below the steering wheel.
- If you have a 9-pin port, go ahead and plug in the connecting cable. Connect the other end to the module.
- If yours is a light or medium-duty truck, you may have an OBD-II port. It may also be a 6-pin plug in the case of older vehicles.
- In such a case, what you need to do is add a replicator cable with the required 9-pin port and an extra port similar to the one in your vehicle. You can buy this replicator Y-cable on Amazon or in a parts store near you.
- Remove the dashboard panel on your vehicle. You may need to unscrew it.
- Remove the screws on the square bracket on the existing connector and remove it from the bracing.
- Connect the Y-cable to the connector. Plugin the ELD cable to one of the arms.
- The remaining port should resemble the original one. Fix it once again using the square bracket and screws.
- Replace the dashboard panel cover.
Once in place, you just need to turn on the vehicle, then launch the TrackSmart app. It will search for available devices and pair them with the ELD. Make sure to grant it any permissions requested.
Congratulations, you are now ELD compliant. You can now go on with your business and have all your logs and data collected and reported automatically.
Article submitted by Justin Grau – CMO for BestELDDevices.com.