Just went to an interview? Now you want to thank them for giving you such a great opportunity but don’t know when will be a good time to send a thank you email? Don’t wait! Write a Thank You Letter For Interview as soon after the interview as possible, and most preferably by the next day.
Thank You Letter Template After Interview
The reason that you must send the email as soon as possible is that you have to assume that the letter could take several days to reach the recipient or they might just be busy to read it. If you forgot to send the letter until a week or more, just send the letter anyway.
Thank You Letter After Interview Via Email
The basic format for writing an Email Thank You Letter After Interview letter ~
Handwritten letter —
Not recommended though, but if you opt for this method, it has the same traditional way of writing, but it must be done very carefully as there is no spell checker other than you and you do not want to send a letter with wrong grammar or spellings.
The word-processed printed letter —
Usually acceptable in most organizations, it shows professionalism and is much more legible.
Thank You Letter Template After Phone Interview
How you can write a perfect Thank You note ~
Prepare in advance, and make sure to treat the note as a task that will demonstrate your professionalism.
- Send the letter to correct names and addresses. This part comes in preparation, you must collect the business cards after your interview so that you will be able to get their correct names, the spellings of the names and their email address.
- For the printed or hard copy of the letter, use a good quality paper, don’t use any fancy colorful cards or paper, instead use a plain white A4 sized sheet. Put the letter in a matching envelope.
- If you send an email as well as a letter, you must make sure that both of the notes have different contents, do not copy paste.
- To each person in the interview panel, send a unique thank you. Do not send them a copy of the same letter as the physical and email notes are shared and compared.
- Check the address twice to ensure that the letters reach the correct destination.
- Never forget to include the return address and all your contact information
Sample Thank You Letter After Job Interview
Purpose of sending a thank you letter?
The basic purpose of this letter is to shoe your utmost and optima appreciation and thanking them for giving yo such a great opportunity. It shows that you appreciate the employer’s interest in you. It also sho interviewer that you have a high interest in the position and the company.
Get Best Interview Thank You Letter Sample in this post for absolutely free.
Thank You Letter Format For The Interview Letter
The thank you letter templates are available in JPG, PDF and Word Format for you to download, and these will meet your desired purpose at large. All these samples incorporate the formal writing style and you can use them in order to draft your own letter and impress the interviewers.
Short And Sweet Thank You Letter After Interview
What should be included in the letter?
- A salutation, most important! Even if it just an email, you must use the proper salutation for the interviewer in your thank you note.
- A concise description of what is being appreciated
- Confirm that you are a good fit for the position
- Close the final expression with gratitude
A thank you letter to your interviewer might help him remember you and your professionalism, but do not be that guy who keeps nagging, just one simple letter is sufficing, or else you might be sending the wrong impression to them.