Waiting for your school to finish so you can go for MBBS in Abroad? Have you weighed all your options and the structure of fee there? Have you thought about how you are going to establish your career there? Would you be able to study, live, and most probably practice in a new country? All.these questions might not be coming to your mind, but they should. If you know the answer to all, then you know how to take admission in MBBS In Foreign Countries.
Through this article, I am going to discuss the major facts and tips that will help you decide your potential future. Even though you have got everything sorted, you still need to know the basics to the study method.
How To Study Abroad
In this section, we are going to discuss the process that you must keep in mind while taking the admission. You will learn what are your chances for Study Abroad With Scholarship, what are the advantages and disadvantages of studying in a foreign country, and the fee structure of various institutions of medicine, and what is the eligibility criteria that is followed in various countries.
Medical School Admission Requirements
So, let’s begin?
What you need to know to get admission in a foreign country-
- Eligibility Criteria of the MBBS Education there, because every country has different education standards
- Duration of MBBS in various countries
- What is the fee structure
- Institutions and countries which allow scholarship for the Course
- What are the Advantages of doing MBBS in a country other than yours
- If there are any disadvantages of doing MBBS international studies
- The process of Admission that must be followed in order to get successfully enrolled in the college
Eligibility For MBBS
For taking admission in MBBS course in any country, you need to have a minimum set of requirements. This could vary from country to country and should be fulfilled in order to get the admission.
The minimum requirement for taking admission in MBBS Abroad is as follows:
- You must be a minimum of 17 years of age as on 31st December of the same year you are taking the admission in
- You must have completed your high school (class 12th)
- In some countries, the aggregate marks are as low as 50% in class 12 exams. And in some, like Europe, it 95%. They must have Chemistry, Biology, Physics, and English s a compulsory subject in class 12 curriculum
- English proficiency is a must. You would be given extra credits if you have some sort of formal training on the English language.
Duration OF MBBS Abroad
It is one of the major factors which determine whether studying MBBS in a specific country is profitable or not. As we know that students have to complete various steps before taking admission in MBBS, like completing their +2 and sitting for a 4-semester course before the pre-grad course, so they obviously want the duration to be short. But in some countries like America, the course could last from 6 to 8 years depending on how good your study, and you have to complete a 4-semester B.Sc. course to complete the education equivalent to the education in America.
Check out these courses-
MBBS in Philippines – 5 to 6 years
MBBS in Russia – 6 years
MBBS in Ukraine – 6 years
MBBS in Bangladesh -5 years
MBBS in China – 5 years plus 1-year internship
MBBS in Kyrgyzstan – 5 years
Advantages Of Studying Abroad
There are many benefits of grabbing the opportunity to study abroad. Not only you get to see a different country and meet new people, but you also get to learn about new culture and get experience living independently in a new place. Here are some advantages of studying abroad.
- You get to experience a different style of education. There might be a possibility that you get a chance to see a different side if your major that you may not have been presented to at home. You will learn that by going to study in a different country you get to see a new neighborhood, meet new people, learn about new culture. You get to experience a new tradition, and along with your MBBS degree, you also get the education about the new culture.
- You get to see the world. When you go abroad, there are chances that you might get to see the neighboring countries too. You get to see the country in which you are going to study and get to visit the neighboring countries too. You can plan trips your friends and classmates on weekends.
- Opportunity to learn a new language. Even though the common language used in all the colleges that allow international students in English, you could learn the local language there from the local students. You get to make friends with them, share their food, customs, and more.
- More career opportunities. You can always go back to your country to practice after you have completed your MBBS degree. But if you want, you can apply in hospitals and institutions in the host country too. You will find that when you look for a career opportunity in that country, the local language will come in handy.
- Personal Development. When you live independently, you get to develop yourself you can never do when you live with your parents. Plus the different country and your level of confidence increase to double. Studying in a total stranger country develops the students to their core and they learn to handle themselves in difficult situations too.
Disadvantages Of Study Abroad
- The major drawback of living in a foreign country is that you are on your own. You are far from home, away from your family, and no one for support. You learn to be independent and get the experience of living alone.
- You might face difficulties in adjusting with the new culture and language. Even though your university is all international, the local language might make you uncomfortable, and the language barrier might affect your education.
- The expense is the biggest issue. It may look like the fee structure is low as compared to education in your own country. But, when you include the expense of living, food, and other stuff, then it can seem a bit costly.
- Some countries do not allow practice when you have studied from colleges in different countries, and some take a test before giving you the permit to practice in your country. So, if you are not ready to settle down in another country, or take the test, then it would be difficult for you.
- Some insurance companies do not give you cover when you are abroad. For that, you might have to review your health insurance policies or check out if your college provides international health insurance for their students.
Medical Schools For International Students.
We all know that there are lots of great medical schools around the globe but here we are talking about the best medical schools all over the world. Here are some of the best medical school names around the world with some important information :
Location: the UK, London
Degree required: MBBS BSc
Fees per annum:$12,020 for country students and $43,735 for international students
Degree required: medicine doctor
Fees per annum: A$68,544 for Australian students and A$81,344
- The United States of America
Name of the university: Yale University
Location: new heaven, USA
Degree required: Medicine doctor
Fees per annum:$59,630 + additional as required fees
- The United States of America
Name of the university: UCLA
Location: Los Angeles, USA
Degree required: medicine doctor
Fees per annum: $40,714 + administrative fees
- United Kingdom
Name of the university: University of Cambridge
Location: Cambridge, UK
Degree required: BCh, BM
Criteria to get admission in foreign countries:
- Always remind yourself “why I chose this country?”
- Fee structure of the institution
- Duration of the course
- Does your age qualify the required age limit?
- Have you cleared NEET?
- Do you have proper documents ready which are required to get admission in that institution/university?
- You must have a required percentage according to the university/school.
MBBS Fee Structure
Different schools have a different MBBS Fee structure. You just have to find the one in which you are most comfortable. And if the school/university you want, have high fees that you really can not afford like if you are still a student or your financial conditions are not good do not worry there are some scholarships that will help you to get admission here is a list of some types of scholarships you can apply for:
You can apply for the above scholarships with proper documents and proof and you can get these very easily
Admission In MBBS
The application process of international students
Yes, it is a little different for international students but you will get it.
There are 4 steps of the application process.
- Primary and secondary applications
- Citizenship/visa status
- Language proficiency
Whichever country you chose, always remember to be respectful, keep up to date with the information on studying abroad rules and regulations.
Hey, check out these awesome videos by affinity education:
And another one to help students practice for NEET
Well, I guess that is it. I hope that you liked this article and if you did please let me know down below at the comment section and if you did not… Why?!?!? Please also comment your queries down below at the comment section, and you have other concerns about this topic you can also comment down below at the comment section I will fix them and surely reply. Thank you for visiting. Have a nice day ahead.
I hope that you got your answers, please post in the comment about what you think about the post.
Best Countries for MBBS—–