LoadTrek Electronic Logging Devices (ELDs) are one of the most user-friendly options on the market. They are easy to install, consisting of a plug-and-play ELD module and an optional Windows tablet.
If you need help on how to set up the LoadTrek ELD system, I will give you detailed step-by-step information on how to do it.
LoadTrek ELD Package
When you first get the package containing the LoadTrek ELD system, you will find three significant components:
- The ELD module.
- A rugged touchscreen tablet that is connected with a cable to the module
- A 6-pin or 9-pin diagnostic cable
You will also get a quick install kit so that if you’re installing it for the first time, you can switch between 6-pin, 9-pin, and OBD-II ports to match the one on your truck.
How to Install LoadTrek ELD
There are two parts to installing the full LoadTrek ELD system. First, you have to install the hardware, then the software and make sure everything is communicating.
To install the LoadTrek hardware
- Find the ECM port on your truck. It can be a 6-pin, 9-pin circular port or a rectangular OBD-II port depending on the make, age, and type of vehicle you are going to be installing. Usually, it can be found under the dashboard just above the pedals.
- Check the connector found on the ELD connector cable for compatibility. If it is a green or black 9-pin port, you will just need to plug it in. If not, you can purchase a separate Y cable to match the ports you have.
- Remove the dash cover from the ECM port on your vehicle.
- Unscrew the existing port and remove its square connector.
- Lock one end of your Y-cable to the ECM; this is the longer part of the ‘Y.’
- Connect one side of the shorter arm of the cable to your ELD module.
- Screw in the remaining port back in place to be used for future ECM readings.
- Replace the dash cover.
- Turn on the vehicle and check to make sure that the ELD is now powered up.
Once the hardware is in place, you need to make sure that it is working properly. If you have the manufacturersJETT.ce Windows tablet, it will already be pre-installed with the LoadTrek software.
If you will be using a personal phone or tablet, here’s how to go about it.
- On your phone or tablet, visit the Google Play Store or Apple Store and download the app. You can also install it from web.loadtrek.net
- Install the app on your device. Make sure you have a working data or Wi-FI connection for data transfer.
- Pair up your mobile device with the ELD using Bluetooth.
- Once it starts and pairs, the app will ask for your company name. Enter it as given by dispatch.
- Enter your driver number, then your driver’s code.
- You are now logged in and can access reports directly from your phone.
There you have it. You are now ready to use the LoadTrek ELD for HOS logging, DVIR, and other integrated functions.
Article submitted by Justin Grau – CMO for BestELDDevices.com
- How to Install a Floodlight
- Trucker Path ELD Installation Guide
- Getting Started with iGlobal ELD
- How to Install the Rand McNally ELD System
- How to Install the TruckingOffice ELD
- NexTraq ELD Complete Installation Guide
- Automile ELD Installation Guide
- How to Install the Coretex ELD System in Your Truck
- TrackSmart ELD Installation Guide